- A small amount of yarn to match your project. I used Caron Simply Soft in Pagoda to match my Cardigan.
- Crochet hook in the recommended size on your yarn label. I used an H (5mm).
- Tapestry Needle.
- Measuring Tape (optional).
- Stitch Markers (optional).
- The item you are adding Belt Loops to.
1: With yarn and hook, leaving a 6" tail, ch10, sc in 2nd and across. (9) *** If you are using a belt other than the one in the Danielle Cardigan pattern, chain enough sts to fit comfortably over your belt.***
2-3: Ch1, turn, sc across. (9)
Fasten off leaving a 6" tail.
Try the Garment on and tie the belt around your waist. Mark where you want your Belt Loops to go with the Stitch Markers, or a small scrap of yarn. Alternatively, you can measure with a measuring tape the distance from your underarm to your waist. Make sure your Stitch Markers are evenly spaced. With the Tapestry Needle and tails, stitch the Belt Loops on, making sure to leave space between the Belt Loops and the Garment so that the Belt slides through easily. Do not weave in your ends! Once your Belt Loops are attached, try the Garment on with the belt. Make sure they are evenly spaced, and comfortable. Once you are satisfied, weave in all the ends. Enjoy!