A couple weeks back I released the Ragged Falls Poncho crochet pattern, so I immediately began picturing all the different ways I could use that particular stitch pattern. As a result, when I was asked to join the E’Claire Makery Winter Fashion Blog Hop, I knew it was the perfect time to introduce everyone to the Ragged Falls Scarf free crochet pattern!
Winter Fashion Blog Hop Details
Want to learn more about the Winter Fashion Blog Hop hosted by E’Claire Makery? Read THIS blog post. You will find all the info on which 27 Designers are giving away FREE downloads of their patterns for 24 hrs each! You won’t want to miss out!
>>> PURCHASE THE AD-FREE PDF ON RAVELRY, ETSY, OR LOVECRAFTS <<<
Ragged Falls Scarf – Free Crochet Pattern
This post contains affiliate links to products we recommend. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
- Yarn: 400 yards of Super Bulky #6. Sample shown was made with Lion Brand Thick & Quick in Storm Front. See special notes for substitutions.
- Hook: Q(16mm).
- Tapestry Needle for weaving in ends.
- Measuring Tape.
Pattern Key (Standard American terms)
- ch: chain
- st(s): stitch(es)
- sk: skip
- sp: space
- slst: slip stich
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- 6 dc = 4” (gauge is NOT essential to this pattern).
Special Pattern Notes
- This pattern is worked in rows, starting at the bottom of the Scarf. You can make the Scarf as long or short as you like depending on the number of times you repeat Rows 2 and 3.
- If you decide to make tassels for each corner (as shown in the photos), make them first. This way you do not have to worry about having enough once you finish the length of your Scarf.
- Beginning chains does not count as a stitches throughout.
- Yarns similar in fiber content and weight can be substituted. A few that I would recommend trying are: Mandala Thick & Quick from Lion Brand Yarn, or Mighty Stitch Super Bulky from Knit Picks.
You are free to sell what you make from this pattern, but you may not share, copy or reproduce this pattern in part or whole.
Photographs are also copyright protected and may not be used. Please link back to one of my shops if selling your finished items online.
© Pam Dajczak 2019
1: Ch16, hdc in 2nd chain from hook, slst in next, *hdc in next, slst in next, repeat from * across. (15 sts now and throughout)
2: Ch2, turn, dc across.
3: Ch1, turn, hdc in 1st st, slst in next, *hdc in next, slst in next, repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until scarf measures approximately 88”, or until you have run out of yarn.
Optional: Attach tassels to each corner.
If you enjoyed the Ragged Falls Scarf pattern, why don’t you try one of these other free crochet patterns?
[…] get the FREE PDF version of this pattern, head to this link: https://www.sincerelypam.com/ragged-falls-scarf-free-pattern/ and scroll down till you see the button below (the one here is not a link just the […]
[…] Once again, this Shrug combines the fun and easy stitch pattern of the Ragged Falls Poncho and Ragged Fall Scarf patterns, along with the simplicty of cocoon shrug construction. Layered over long sleeves in […]