The Totally Textured Crochet Basket combines three of my favorite hobbies! Crochet, decorating my home, and taking care of my plant babies. With so much time spent at home this year, it’s no surprise to learn that sales of indoor plants are on the rise! Plants, just like crochet, are a form of therapy and have shown to boost your mood, increase relaxation, and attentiveness.
Plants get us away from the screens, and allow us to nurture something that not only filters toxins in the air, but really adds life to your surroundings!
I think it’s only fair that we thank our foliaged friends by making them a cozy little sweater to keep them happy during the winter months. (Not a plant person? Use these cute baskets for storage!).
This post contains affiliate links to products we recommend. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
24 Days of Quickies with Marly Bird & Friends!
I am offering the Totally Textured Crochet Basket Pattern for FREE as part of this event! Do you need 48+ quick knit and crochet projects for gifts this holiday season? Read THIS blog post. You will find all the info on which Designers are giving away FREE downloads of their patterns for 24 hrs each! You won’t want to miss out!
For last year’s event I released the Alex Stocking on the blog.
To download this pattern for FREE, scroll down to the Big Blue Download Button! Offer ends December 3rd 2020, at 10am EST.
TUFF PUFF (Smaller, tri-color basket)
- Content: 100% Wool
- Skien Size: 100g , 44 yds
- Care: Hand wash, lay flat to dry
- Gauge: Super Bulky (6)
WOOL-EASE THICK & QUICK (Larger basket)
- Content: 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
- Ball Size: 140-170g, 87-106 yds
- Care: Machine wash, tumble dry low
- Gauge: Super Bulky (6)
TOTALLY TEXTURED CROCHET BASKET PATTERN
- Yarn: Super Bulky #6 yarn.
- Samples shown were made with WeCrochet Tuff Puff (2 skeins white, 1 skein Ivy, 1 skein Pomegranate), and Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (2 skeins Moonlight).
- Hook: K (6.5mm).
- Tapestry Needle for weaving in ends.
- Measuring Tape.
Pattern Key (Standard American terms)
- BPdc: back post double croceht
- beg: beginning
- BLO: back loop only
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- FPdc: front post double crochet
- st(s): stitch(es)
- slst: slip stich
- First 3 rounds = 6″ in diameter.
Special Pattern Notes
- Small Totally Textured crochet basket measures 6″ wide x 6″ tall.
- Large Totally Textured crochet basket measures 8″ wide x 7.5″ tall.
- This basket is worked in one piece from the bottom up.
- Beginning chains do not count as a stitches throughout.
- I recommend fastening off after each color. I will have the color you need to use at the beginning of the Round.
- If using for a plant cozy, make sure to protect the bottom of the basket by placing a tray at the bottom of the basket to collect water.
You are free to sell what you make from this pattern, but you may not share, copy or reproduce this pattern in part or whole.
Photographs are also copyright protected and may not be used. Please link back to one of my shops if selling your finished items online.
© Pam Stark 2020
Start with white yarn if making the striped basket.
1: Starting with a magic ring, ch2, 12 dc in the magic ring, join. Pull tightly to close. (12 dc)
2: Ch2, 2dc in each st around, join. (24 dc)
3: Ch2, dc in first, 2dc in next, *dc in next, 2dc in next, repeat from * around, join. (36 dc)
For the smaller basket, continue on to Round 5.
4: Ch2, dc in first 2 sts, 2dc next, *dc next 2, 2dc in next, repeat from * around, join. (48 dc)
5: Ch1, working in the BLO, dc in each st around, join. (36, 48 dc now and throughout)
6: Switch to Red. Ch2, FPdc around first st, BPdc around next, *FPdc around next, BPdc around next, repeat from * around, join.
7: Switch to White. Ch2, BPdc around first st, FPdc around next, *BPdc around next, FPdc around next, repeat from * around, join.
8: Switch to Green. Ch2, FPdc around first st, BPdc around next, *FPdc around next, BPdc around next, repeat from * around, join.
9: Switch to White. Ch2, BPdc around first st, FPdc around next, *BPdc around next, FPdc around next, repeat from * around, join.
Repeat Rounds 6-9 one more time for smaller basket, two more times for larger basket.
10: Ch1, work the crab st (or reverse sc) around the top of the Basket. See the video tutorial for this stitch below.
Fasten off and weave in all ends.
Did you like the Totally Textured Crochet Basket pattern? Check out these other Crochet Basket patterns I have available!
Until next time, Happy Crocheting!